1. Data Collection and Use
We collect your personal data:
- For SARGAM’s use:
- For the Provider’s use:
In relation to your booking for tickets, e-tickets, vouchers, memberships or packages (“Tickets”) for a specific event, show, performance, screening, exhibition, conference, transport service, attraction, food and beverage, place of interest, ride, venue access, membership programme, or other product or service (each a "Service"), we collect your personal data as ticketing agent and data intermediary on behalf of the entity or entities operating, managing, producing, promoting or providing the Service (each a "Provider"), for the Provider’s use for the purposes of Ticket sales, Service administration, providing Service-related services, processing bookings or Tickets for admission to the Service, or other related activities (collectively “Service Administration”), and providing you with their marketing materials where you have consented to receiving them. The Provider will have to contact you for additional consents if it wishes to use your personal data for any other purpose.
- We collect and use your personal data to allow us to provide services and features to meet your needs, and to customize and improve our services to make your experience more secure and convenient. We only collect personal data about you that we consider reasonably necessary for achieving these purposes
- If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information and other personal data as indicated on the forms throughout the Site. Where possible, we will indicate which fields are mandatory and which fields are optional.
- In general, we collect and use your personal data to facilitate our provision of the services requested by you. We will maintain a file about you and your use of our services. We will collect, use and retain the data in your file, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your current and past activities on the Site, for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of our normal business operations. Thereafter, we will destroy or delete the data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you. The abovementioned purposes may include but are not limited to: resolving disputes; troubleshooting problems; helping promote secure trading; collecting fees owed to us; conducting surveys, obtaining customer feedback and measuring consumer interest in our products and services; communicating with you (including on behalf of Providers from whom you have purchased a Ticket); customising and optimising your experience on the Site; detecting and protecting us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and such other purposes as may be notified to you before or at the time of collection or use of the data.
- We may also look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular, we may examine your personal data to identify users using multiple user-IDs or aliases. We may also compare and review your personal data for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
- Under some circumstances, we may require certain financial information from you. We use your financial information (including credit card information) only to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for your use of our services.
- We automatically track certain information based upon your behaviour on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general and you in particular. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next access (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
2. Marketing opt-in and opt-out provisions
- When you register for a SARGAM account, you may opt-in to receive marketing information via email from: SARGAM, and/or Providers. This information will include the latest news on Services, including shows, events, promotions, contests and/or lucky draws.
- If you opt to receive marketing information from SARGAM and its marketing agents:
- We will use your email address to inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates, and send you our e-newsletters and/or electronic direct marketing materials.
- If you change your mind at any time and wish to un-subscribe from SARGAM’s marketing material, you may easily do so via the unsubscription link found on each email, or through our hotline at +65 9185 2251. Alternatively, you may also log into "My Account" at www.sargam.sg and opt out directly by editing your email preferences.
- If you opt to receive marketing information from a “Provider” and its marketing agents:
- SARGAM will, as ticketing agent and data intermediary of such Provider, disclose to such Provider and/or their marketing agents, your email address and other personal data relevant to such marketing purpose, and such Provider will be contractually bound to SARGAM to use such personal data within the scope of your consents, and to comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“PDPA”). The Provider will have to contact you for additional consents if it wishes to use your personal data for any other purpose.
- If you change your mind at any time and wish to un-subscribe from any Provider's marketing material, please contact the Provider to do so. If you wish to obtain the contact particulars of the Provider, you may call our hotline at +65 9185 2251
3. Sharing with and Disclosure to Third Parties
- As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to our third party service providers (including any third party service provider which hosts or manages data from this Site; credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment instructions given by you through this Site; lawyers; auditors; our ticketing outlets and agents and any other agents or subcontractors acting on our behalf), government or regulatory authorities, and/or Providers for the purpose of Service Administration, to the extent required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services, and where required or permitted by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order. Our Providers may in turn disclose your personal data to their third party service providers to the extent required for Service Administration.
- Your privacy is important to us. We put in place reasonable security arrangements (which shall at least be equivalent to industry standard practices) to protect your privacy and personal data, in such manner and to such extent as we deem reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, there is no such thing as "perfect security" and we do not guarantee in any way, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private and/or safe from any abuse or misuse by third parties.
- Your personal data to be used by SARGAM is stored on SARGAM's servers located in Singapore. We use such procedural and technical safeguards as we deem reasonably necessary to protect your privacy and to protect your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. Such safeguards include but are not limited to the use of encryption, firewalls and Secure Socket Layer technology. We will also employ the appropriate security techniques to reasonably protect data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal by users inside and outside SARGAM
- SARGAM protects the personal data it collects in a secure database with important data being encrypted, and the database servers are hosted in a protected data centre. SARGAM employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal data held by SARGAM as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal data.
- As "perfect security" does not exist, SARGAM does not represent or warrant that there will not be, and hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any data held or maintained by us. You are advised to contact the relevant Provider or Provider if you wish to find out how it stores your personal data. If you wish to obtain the contact particulars of the Provider or Provider, you may call our hotline at +65 9185 2251.
5. Accessing and Updating your Data
- If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any personal data that you provide for SARGAM’s use, please contact us at: our hotline +65 9185 2251 for assistance. You will also be able to change it directly after logging in under "My Account" at www.sargam.sg.
- You may also request to receive a copy of any personal data that you have provided to SARGAM for SARGAM’s use, and to transmit such personal data to another organisation of your choosing, where such personal data is processed by SARGAM by automated means, and is based on your consent, or on a contract to which you are a party.
- Objecting to Data Processing
- You have a right to object at any time to SARGAM’s processing of your personal data where:
You may contact us at our hotline +65 9185 2251 for assistance.
- such personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes
- such processing is necessary in the national interests; or
- such processing is based on your deemed consent
7. Governing Law
8. Contact SARGAM
- You may also contact the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore via their website at https://www.pdpc.gov.sg to lodge a complaint on personal data protection concerns.